Friday, February 26, 2010

I have spent the last two years wondering why I have had such a block. I had been a watercolor floral artist. I finally realized that defining myself as a "watercolor artist" or a "floral artist" was the main reason for my block. I limited myself to the point that I wasn't trying anything new and I was board! I've gone into an entirely different direction. I am working in other mediums, water-soluble oils being my recent favorite. My subject matter is now landscapes and seascapes. For the first time in two years I am excited about painting. I am teaching myself something new. I am learning with each painting. I will discuss here the progress of my paintings, as they evolve. Each painting is an exercise in learning not only how to handle the medium, but all the aspects of composition. I hope my improvement will be evident as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment